Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74142 - 22/02/2002 16:14 "Long" keypresses with HiJack
Decca
new poster

Loc: UK
I have a Kenwood steering wheel remote and have reprogrammed the "Src" button to have a short keypress of "Shuffle" and a long keypress of "Repeat". The long keypress definition precedes the short keypress definition in the config.ini, but it doesn't work. It always activates "Shuffle".

Is this a restriction of the remote - do some buttons only emit a single infrared pulse, no matter how long they are pressed?

#74143 - 22/02/2002 16:18 Re: "Long" keypresses with HiJack [Re: Decca]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is this a restriction of the remote - do some buttons only emit a single infrared pulse, no matter how long they are pressed?

Yes. Don't know if that's the case with this particular remote or not, but yes, some remotes do not differentiate between long presses and short presses.

#74144 - 22/02/2002 16:28 Re: "Long" keypresses with HiJack [Re: tfabris]
Decca
new poster

Loc: UK
Thanks Tony - that's what I suspected.

I have to say - this forum is truly excellent - what a quick reply that was!

I'm also impressed by the general maturity and consideration of the postings - I haven't seen any childish flame wars being raged, thank goodness. This must be the most technically savvy forum I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of - a reflection of the Empeg itself, I guess.

#74145 - 22/02/2002 16:36 Re: "Long" keypresses with HiJack [Re: Decca]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I haven't seen any childish flame wars being raged, thank goodness.

Oh, good. Glad you didn't see them.

For the record, this BBS has been mostly flame-free for a long time, and only when the traffic increased heavily (shortly after the clearance sale) did things get dicey on occasion. Happy to report things have settled down again to their original state lately.

#74146 - 22/02/2002 17:39 Re: "Long" keypresses with HiJack [Re: Decca]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Stick a ",null" at the end of the long keypress definition, and try again.

And oh yeah, use the "Button Codes Display" feature to see if long presses work or not.. just push a button, and it should only display one code, and then release it and then it should display a second code.

-ml